Who says this stuff?!?

I think I have give off this vibe that makes people immediately feel comfortable around me... a little too comfortable. These are actual comments I've gotten over the years::

An older guy that worked in the hospital I worked in asks me as I cross him in the hallway, "Hey, you gaining weight?" 
"Um...no, no, just eight months pregnant." 
What if I wasn't pregnant? How awkward would that have been -- "Yeah, I'm gaining weight, glad you noticed." 

Then there's the man who saw my four kids pile out of the van and says, "Wow! All those kids yours?" "Yup," I reply. 
"Are they all from the same dad?" 
um...."Yeah, they are actually."
The guy nods in approval and says, "Oh, that's good to hear." 
What if I had said no? Would the response have been, "Oh, that's a shame," or just a long awkward pause? Honestly people, who says this stuff!? 

 I've also had a patient (and complete stranger) who, as I was bringing my machine into the room, says to me, "Those scrubs look horrible on you!" To which I replied, "I'm nine months pregnant." I didn't mention that his face looked horrible on him, only, he couldn't change out of his face. Ouch! ; )

And the latest, a guy at the park who asks me, "Which one of these little guys are yours?"
I reply, "All of them." 
"ALL OF THEM?!" he shouts back. Then he examines each of my boys faces before saying, "Yeah, I guess they do all look like you," as if it was still up for debate. haha

I look forward to many more awkward questions and comments to come. Too funny.

Comments

Popular Posts