He's Not That Advanced



I think my husband is overestimating our one year old's abilities.
The other day at the zoo, I turn around to see my one year old walking up to a cactus. I shouted to my husband, who was right behind him, to grab him.
"Ah, he's fine, he can tell it's sharp!" he shouts back.
???
'Our one year old can tell that a cactus is sharp? And then take it a step further to know that he shouldn't touch it? I wasn't aware of his advanced reasoning abilities.'

Not long after this incident, we're at church during the sacrament meeting, a meeting where everyone is quiet and reverent (except our kids of course).
As I'm trying my hardest to listen to the speaker, I see something fly across my face. My one year old runs after whatever it was, grabs it, and prepares to launch it again.
I soon can tell that he is launching a paper airplane, a paper airplane my husband made for him.
I look over at my husband and give him the, 'What in the world are you thinking!?!?!' look
and he says, "I told him not to throw it!"
???
What!? You made our one year old a paper airplane during the quietest time of church, but it's fine, because you told him not to throw it?
I mean, don't get me wrong, I think our child is very bright, but my husband might be slightly overestimating his abilities. Just a teeny bit.

Comments

Popular Posts