Sister Wives?
I've been watching the show sister wives lately. And part of me thinks they might be on to something with the whole multiple wives thing. I mean, you've always got someone to rely on, and kids for your children to play with. Seeing your husband is more of a treat than a chore (not that mine is, but some marriages seems like that). Anyhow, since I began watching the show, I've been, in jest, asking my husband to take on another wife. Namely, my best friend who's still single and wonderful and will make such an amazing mom. While most of me is joking, there's a part that's totally serious (if it were legal and all). Well, a dream I had last night let me know the whole sharing a husband thing is not for me (DUH!). I mean, having read my anti-woman blog, you know this is about the worst idea ever for me!! I have a lot of those. haha
Anyhow, in the dream, all the other wives (I think there were three others) were mad at me because while I brought meat, and potatoes to a dinner we were having, I forgot to make a vegetable. You would have thought I had killed someone. The other wives were crying, and not speaking to me. It was the end of the world!
So, finally, after enduring what felt like hours of this vegetable drama, my husband, aka Cody from the show, comes over with his favorite wife (a girl I went to school with -- Starla (the type of girl every guy liked) -- to tell me that he forgives me for forgetting the corn. Tearfully, Starla tells me that she forgives me too. I look right at her, and I say, "Forgive me!? I don't apologize. I'm not apologizing about a stupid vegetable!!" . . . yeah, I'd be that type of sister wife. haha.
So, to my husband's great relief -- the real one, not Cody --, I'm no longer on the hunt for a sister wife. I think there's only room for one woman's drama in my life, that being myself. It's dreams like these that make me so happy god saw it fit to give me all boys and to not live in the O.T. days or early days of the church. Those of you that are reading this and have wives, know that freaking out and having a day filled with drama over forgetting the stinkin' corn is absolutely a possibility.
Anyhow, in the dream, all the other wives (I think there were three others) were mad at me because while I brought meat, and potatoes to a dinner we were having, I forgot to make a vegetable. You would have thought I had killed someone. The other wives were crying, and not speaking to me. It was the end of the world!
So, finally, after enduring what felt like hours of this vegetable drama, my husband, aka Cody from the show, comes over with his favorite wife (a girl I went to school with -- Starla (the type of girl every guy liked) -- to tell me that he forgives me for forgetting the corn. Tearfully, Starla tells me that she forgives me too. I look right at her, and I say, "Forgive me!? I don't apologize. I'm not apologizing about a stupid vegetable!!" . . . yeah, I'd be that type of sister wife. haha.
So, to my husband's great relief -- the real one, not Cody --, I'm no longer on the hunt for a sister wife. I think there's only room for one woman's drama in my life, that being myself. It's dreams like these that make me so happy god saw it fit to give me all boys and to not live in the O.T. days or early days of the church. Those of you that are reading this and have wives, know that freaking out and having a day filled with drama over forgetting the stinkin' corn is absolutely a possibility.

Comments
Post a Comment