Why So Much Hate For Biden??

Most nights, we sit around the table as a family for dinner. Before you get too ahead of yourself, picturing us having a Kumbaya, Brady Bunch type family, I can promise you, it is nothing like that. With five boys, ages ranging from four to twelve, it's usually pretty rowdy and the conversations can get pretty...interesting. 

I've banned discussions involving pee or poop though, so things have gotten a little better. But I think I need to add no talking about dead animals to the list, bc I'm fairly certain we've thoroughly grossed out a dinner guest the other night, but I digress... 

So there we were, sitting around the table like we usually do. I think I had asked the kids to each take turns sharing how they saw God in their day, trying to have some type of wholesome conversation, when my four-year-old son Aaron piped up, saying, "I want to punch Joe Biden in the face!!"

Now, we aren't overly political, simply because I don't think either side is worth rallying around with full gusto. We do talk to the kids about what we like and don't like about both parties, but we aren't super anti nor for either, so this comment caught me off guard. 

"What!? Why did you say that?" I asked our son, who reaffirmed that he wanted to punch Joe Biden in the face. 

With the help of our older two boys, we received some clarity about Aaron's violent, random outburst. Turns out, he has been pretty upset with Mr. Biden for interrupting his all important YouTube videos (you know, the ones where your kids spend countless hours watching other kids playing video games until their IQ has for sure gone down at least three points -- yeah, those). So, Biden has become public enemy number one around here simply because he has more commercials running than Trump's camp, whom Aaron likes a lot more because "He doesn't mess up my videos!"

All I can say is, it's a good thing we don't let adolescents vote, because each one of mine has determined which person would make the best president based on who has been running the least amount of commercials, when clearly, we should vote in the person with the most presidential hairstyle. 

Comments

Popular Posts