Donk-Cow


Why did Stephen Jr. just go to the computer and give the command, "Okay, Google, Donk-Cow!"??
and then his brother rush over to correct him, saying: "Okay, Google, a donkey and a cow getting married and having a baby." ?
Well...t's a funny story...

Last night as my husband and I were driving with the kids, we noticed Isaiah and Stephen were having a pretty heated discussion in the back.
"But it's true, Stephen," Isaiah said, pleadingly. "I saw a Donkey and a Cow who loved each other getting married."
Stephen was very upset by this. "No, Isaiah! Donkeys and cows do not love each other, and they can't get married."
"But Stephen, I saw it!" Isaiah affirmed, sticking to his guns. "There were two cows in a field and one donkey. And the cow loved the donkey, and they got married and had a baby donkey."
Stephen Jr. lowered his voice, saying, "Isaiah, Donkeys and cows can't have babies." But you could hear the wavering in his voice.
Both Stephen Sr. and I were trying but failing to keep from busting out laughing in the front, but the boys didn't seem to care or notice.

Now it just so happens we live in the country, and were driving down a country road at the time of the discussion. So I couldn't help myself when I saw we were coming upon a cow field, I just couldn't.
"Look!" I said, pretending to be taking only to Stephen Sr. "There's a donkey, and a cow, and what's that? It looks like a donkey-cow baby."
We were passing pretty quickly, so I knew I could get away with this pretend sighting.
"Where!?" Stephen Jr asked, frantically searching the field for the said donkey-cow family.
"Right over there," I said, pointing as we drove by.
"Oh yeah, over there, I see it," Stephen Sr. said, backing up my story.
"No jokes, Dad!" Stephen Jr. said as we drove away from the field. "Are there really donkey-cows?"
"Yeah, there called cow-donks. Wait...no, donk-cows. Yes, donk-cows."
Stephen Jr. was getting really flustered. "No jokes!" he shouted -- something he says when he senses his dad and I are trying to pull one over on him, which is regularly -- "Are there really donk-cows?"
"What do you think?" I asked him.
"Umm...I think there are," he finally said after some thought.
I am pretty sure Isaiah was floored at this point. He had just been making junk up, and now here he was learning there was truth to this donkey-cow union after all.

Anyhow, this conversation went on literally for about 20 minutes, so I won't keep going with the details, but it mostly was, Isaiah saying, "See Stephen, donkeys and cows do get married." And us parents just laughing our butts off.

And that is what led to today's google question.
BTW, google is better than I give it credit for. Isaiah's search command: "Okay, Google, a donkey and a cow getting married and having a baby" actually yielded some pretty relevant results given the crazy search words. Let's just say the kids watched a few of the hits saying, "Haha! That cow doesn't know where it's going!" So yeah...




Comments

Popular Posts