Well...he can't be good at everything
Yesterday, as I was getting my hair done at my cousin's house, she asked her fiance' what smelled so good. He told her he was cooking ribs -- his specialty ribs that he slow cooks to perfection. 'Hmmm?' I thought, 'my husband barely ever cooks, and when he does, it's usually eggs in the microwave.'
Later that day I was scrolling through facebook when I saw a post from a guy friend of mine: "Can't wait 'till the wife comes home," it read, "because when she does, I have her favorite lobster bisque I cooked for her ready to eat." Again I was left dumbfounded, thinking, "So other men do know how to cook..." The last time I came home to a meal my husband cooked, I felt like I was being pepper sprayed, not pampered (turns out sauteing a ghost pepper is equal to emptying a can of pepper spray into your home, who knew). 'Oh well,' I thought, remembering the children and I fighting to breath through the thick cloud of pepper smoke. Shaking the thought away, I told myself,'Everyone has to learn, he'll get better one day.'
That night I took the boys out to dinner and to food shop. Since my husband had a meeting that night, we left him behind to fend for himself for dinner. When I came home, an awful burnt smell hit me as I walked in the door. As I went to the kitchen, I found the culprit -- my husband had attempted to heat of a can of soup on the stove. He had trouble heating up a can of soup people! Needless to say, my hope of him ever becoming one of those husbands who has his wife's favorite, edible meal waiting for her when she comes home, instantly evaporated. But you know what, he can't be good at everything. I got a good husband and father out of the deal, I can live without the cooking skills. Thank goodness I can, because shoooeee. it's bad! haha
Later that day I was scrolling through facebook when I saw a post from a guy friend of mine: "Can't wait 'till the wife comes home," it read, "because when she does, I have her favorite lobster bisque I cooked for her ready to eat." Again I was left dumbfounded, thinking, "So other men do know how to cook..." The last time I came home to a meal my husband cooked, I felt like I was being pepper sprayed, not pampered (turns out sauteing a ghost pepper is equal to emptying a can of pepper spray into your home, who knew). 'Oh well,' I thought, remembering the children and I fighting to breath through the thick cloud of pepper smoke. Shaking the thought away, I told myself,'Everyone has to learn, he'll get better one day.'
That night I took the boys out to dinner and to food shop. Since my husband had a meeting that night, we left him behind to fend for himself for dinner. When I came home, an awful burnt smell hit me as I walked in the door. As I went to the kitchen, I found the culprit -- my husband had attempted to heat of a can of soup on the stove. He had trouble heating up a can of soup people! Needless to say, my hope of him ever becoming one of those husbands who has his wife's favorite, edible meal waiting for her when she comes home, instantly evaporated. But you know what, he can't be good at everything. I got a good husband and father out of the deal, I can live without the cooking skills. Thank goodness I can, because shoooeee. it's bad! haha

Comments
Post a Comment