When the chicken crows
You know you're parenting skills could use a little help when your child pretends to break his leg so you, and I quote, "Treat him like you treat the chicken." Let me explain:
So my five year old comes up to me tonight, pretending to have broken his leg.
"Mom, I broke my leg," he says, walking over to me with not even so much as a limp. He tries his best to look like he's in agony as he lifts up his leg, saying, "Look, it's so messed up."
"Oh really?" I say, "You broke it?" my tone obviously doubtful.
"Yes, I broke it, just like the chicken," he says, referring to the injured chicken we just took in, who has a broken wing and leg.
"So you need to start treating me like you treat the chicken," he continues.
"Like the chicken!?" I ask, surprised. "All I do for the chicken is stick it in a crate and give it water and bread."
"Yeah, like that!" my son says happily. "Only you could put me under the table and give me the water and bread under there."
...um, Wow. If this isn't a 'need for improvement in the parenting department' wake up call, I don't know what is.
So my five year old comes up to me tonight, pretending to have broken his leg.
"Mom, I broke my leg," he says, walking over to me with not even so much as a limp. He tries his best to look like he's in agony as he lifts up his leg, saying, "Look, it's so messed up."
"Oh really?" I say, "You broke it?" my tone obviously doubtful.
"Yes, I broke it, just like the chicken," he says, referring to the injured chicken we just took in, who has a broken wing and leg.
"So you need to start treating me like you treat the chicken," he continues.
"Like the chicken!?" I ask, surprised. "All I do for the chicken is stick it in a crate and give it water and bread."
"Yeah, like that!" my son says happily. "Only you could put me under the table and give me the water and bread under there."
...um, Wow. If this isn't a 'need for improvement in the parenting department' wake up call, I don't know what is.

Comments
Post a Comment