Phoenix and Falcon? Really?




I took the boys to the zoo today, and while we were there, I heard a woman calling out, "Phoenix? Falcon?" loudly over and over.
I looked around.
'Phoenix? Falcon?' I wondered, had we walked into a bird exhibit unknowingly or something?
When I was satisfied that there were no birds to speak of, I looked back to the woman who was still calling out, "Phoenix, Falcon," as she searched the area with a worried look on her face.
 I was perplexed, judging from her clothing, she wasn't an employee of the zoo, but there she was, calling out for these yet to be seen animals. Maybe she snuck her dogs in, or a pair of squirrels, raccoon, monkeys? I was pondering what animals this woman might have lost when out from behind a play structure pops the head of one boy, then another.
"Yes, mommy?" they say.
"Oh there you are," she said, "I was worried about you."
My mouth dropped open. So Phoenix and Falcon were not birds, or dogs, or monkeys, or squirrels, they were boys, her boys.
I blame this on Gweneth Paltrow and the whole naming your daughter Apple thing. It opened the floodgates. Plus it seems like you could blame anything on her at the moment, so I'm going with that.

Comments

Popular Posts