Helpful(?) Reminders


I've heard it said that having children really messes up your memory but I find it to be quite the opposite. For example, hearing their fighting, whining, and shouts of "Mom! Wipe my butt!!" throughout the day has really helped me keep up with taking my medication. "Why do you need medicine?" my kids ask me. I look down at their dirt streaked face, filled with chocolate they snuck from the cupboard, and smile. "Because of you, dear," I say, before swallowing it down. And, though I might not have been so strict in the past, my children are constant reminders for me and my husband to practice safe sex (we're slow learners obviously, but there'll be no messing up in that department anymore)! Come to think of it, they remind me to sweep, mop, do the dishes and laundry on a daily basis. Heck, before they came, days would pass by before I'd do those things. Not anymore! See, having kids, if anything, helps job the old think tank. Nothing to fear.  ;)

Comments

Popular Posts